Creating professional level highlight reels of your match has never been easier. And now it's free, with Swing®!
Just check out these examples!
What You'll Need
- Tripod or Fence Mount
- Recording device: iPhone or iPad (>50% battery and >10GB free space recommended)
- Scorekeeping device: Apple Watch or a spectator's iPhone/iPad
- Wide angle lens (Optional)
How It Works
- Record your match from behind the baseline using the Camera app.
- Keep score on your Apple Watch or a spectator's iPhone/iPad. After you score each point, you'll have 5 seconds to tap Favorite Point if you think it might be highlight reel worthy.
- After the match is over, tap Add Video to link your recorded video with the match. Then tap on Watch Video.
- Tap Highlight Reel to enter editing mode. Start by tapping the filter button in the bottom right to select which types of points to consider for your highlight reel.
- Deselect Include Point to manually exclude points that you don't want in the reel. Use the Trim +/- buttons to adjust the start and end of the points you do want to include.
Camera Setup Tips
- Put your phone on Do Not Disturb, as phone calls will end the recording.
- Place the tripod or fence mount directly behind the center of the baseline for best results.
- If using a tripod, extend to full height for the best viewing angle.
- If using a fence mount, record with your iPhone's selfie camera as this makes set up easier.
Video Editing Tips
- Favorite your best points on Apple Watch while scoring to save time later.
- For optimal score change transitions, trim the end of each point so that it is 2 seconds after the last shot's ball bounce.